Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here I Love Him (2008)

Morning awakens and shaken within,
Shadows of dreams all come rumbling in.

Under the windows a grey light comes crawling.
Inside the warmth of my bedclothes I’m sprawling.

Into myself, I draw into a curl,
Letting my guarded desires unfurl.

Stop playing tricks on my joys and my sorrows.
Stop letting go of past days and tomorrows.

‘Scape into fantasy, run into light,
Put down excuses and throw away fright.

Stop with the calculus, drop-kick all reason.
Shower myself with the promise of seasons.

In this sweet place where I know no one knows,
No one can see what my face surely shows;

In this sweet time of unmasked devastation,
Time-polished fears cry the need for salvation;

In this sweet moment when no one can tell
My heart’s a thirsty and cavernous well;

Here I’m allowed to be heedlessly happy
Here I’m allowed to be chronically sappy

Here no one tells me to put down the phone.
Here no one tells me I’m better alone.

Here I’m allowed to give over to hoping,
Easiest done between sleeping and doping.

Here there’s no question, no games and no sin.
Here he just loves me, and here I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment