Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My current obsession

I bought a leather backpack form Roots two years ago. It still looks new after I dragged it around Europe (twice), Argentina, Australia and an eventing season in Florida. It has confirmed my belief that Roots makes top quality leather goods at an incredibly reasonable pricepoint.

Of course, a backpack is not the most sophisticated statement. Yet I can't bring myself to get a briefcase until I finish my law degree; it's one affectation that makes me balk.

I'm obsessed with the mid-size duffel, the perfect transition between student and professional. It's reasonably masculine too, but still has flair. Here are a few of my favourites:


I love Roots leather products: quality, reasonably priced and free of obnoxious logos.


I saw this bag at the Bally shop in Brisbane. The combination of wool and leather and the simple stripe reminds me of high-quality horse rugs.


I abhor logo. I make an exception for tasteful applications of the Burberry plaid.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon now! Burberry is the epitome of LABEL, BRAND, BLING!

    Seriously, great blog - just found it - will be back!

    Cheers

    Holli in Ghana

    ReplyDelete