Friday, September 25, 2009

Burberry Prorsum, Spring 2010

Every season, I wait to see how Christopher Bailey will advance Burberry Prorsum. Since he took the helm in 2001, his designs have remained consistently relevant and innovative. Bailey gives trust-fund kids around the world what they want: clothes that are exquisitely crafted and unapologetically cool. For Spring 2010, Bailey incorporated heaps of draping and ruching without compromising the label’s classic structural aesthetic.

At times, all the knots and twists bordered on histrionic…


… but the embellished shoulders gave the requisite coats uncommon elegance.


Droopy shirts with strappy detailing struck my covetous nerve.


My favourite pieces in the collection were these two trench-dresses: expressive and unique construction with a classic silhouette. Simply beautiful.

PS: I know there are no fashion rules anymore, but “no socks with sandals” is one I happened to like…

No comments:

Post a Comment